Small water pumps refer to pumps with relatively small volumes, which are collectively referred to as small water pumps. As for how small is a small water pump, there is no clear definition at present. Small water pumps are divided into DC small water pumps and AC small water pumps.
DC small water pump is a small water pump whose power source is direct current. The brushless motor is driven by direct current, and the rotation of the brushless motor drives the impeller to rotate, thereby increasing the liquid pressure to achieve the machine that transmits the liquid. According to the voltage of 3v, 6v, 12V, 24V, 36v, 48v and other miniature water pumps. According to the working principle, it is divided into: brushed DC water pump and brushless DC water pump. According to the type, it is divided into: centrifugal pump, self-priming pump, gear pump, etc.
AC small water pump is a type of small water pump powered by AC power, with voltages of 110V, 220V, and 380. A water pump is a machine that transports or pressurizes a liquid. It transmits the mechanical energy of the prime mover or other external energy to the liquid to increase the liquid energy. It is mainly used to transport liquids including water, oil, acid-base liquid, emulsion, suspoemulsion and liquid metal, etc. It can also transport liquid and gas mixtures and liquids containing suspended solids.
All standard small water pump by SHENPENG with lower price you will find here:
Want to learn more?
1. R & D, design and production of small water pump
2. Working principle of small water pump？
3. Method of using small water pump？
4. How to Choose a Small Water Pump?
5. Characteristics of small water pump
Dongguan Shenpeng Electronics Co., Ltd was found in 2012 and is specialized in brush-less DC water pumps. As a global BLDC water pump solutions specialist, it integrates R&D, manufacture with sales.The products are mainly applied to New-energy vehicle, mattress, home appliance (water heater, dish washer, coffee machine, water dispenser), smart toilet, cosmetic/medical equipment, machine tool equipment, air conditioning base station, PC, LED cooling system, aquarium etc.
Shenpeng was the earliest company that managed to produce the brushless DC water pumps. It is located in Changping, Dongguan and covers an area of 18000㎡. With an in-house CNAS standard laboratory, 300-thousand-grade dust-free workshop and 10 professional production lines. The annual production capacity is more than 5 million sets of water pumps and it is one of the largest manufacturer of BLDC water pump in China. It won many honorable titles such as High-tech Enterprise, Multiplication Enterprise etc. small water pump for fountain
Working principle of small water pump？
According to different working principles, small water pumps can be divided into volumetric pumps, vane pumps and other types. Positive displacement pump uses the volume change of its working chamber to transfer energy, mainly including piston pump, plunger pump, gear pump, diaphragm pump, screw pump, etc. Vane pump uses the interaction between rotating blades and water to transfer energy, including centrifugal pump, axial flow pump and mixed flow pump. The pump body of submersible electric pump is a vane pump. Other types of water pumps include jet pump, water hammer pump, internal combustion pump, etc., which work based on the principles of jet water hammer and fuel deflagration respectively. Hydraulic pump is the combination of hydraulic turbine and vane pump. small water pump for aquarium
Method of using small water pump
Application method of DC small water pump
DC small water pump is mainly used in small water circulation system, hot drink machine, irrigation, electric water heater, water pressurization system, coffee machine, intelligent toilet, automobile engine cooling, automobile electric water pump, automobile preheating, water heating mattress, motor controller cooling, automobile thermal management system, etc.
DC small water pump is characterized by small volume, light weight, safety, reliability and high efficiency. So it is very popular in the market. In order to ensure the normal service life of the pump, maintain its stable performance and avoid accidents and losses during use. Pay attention to the following aspects when using: small water pump for home use
1. Use DC power supply
The DC power supply must be used to supply power to the DC electric small water pump. Do not use AC power supply, otherwise the motor will burn out.
2. Operate the pump within the rated voltage range
When using small DC water pump, it must be used within the rated voltage range. If you have overvoltage or other functional requirements, you should select the pump with higher rated voltage. Otherwise, over-voltage using the pump will burn out the pump. For example, a pump with a rated voltage of only 12V cannot be driven with a 24V power supply.
3. Ambient temperature and working fluid temperature
Pay attention to ambient temperature and working fluid temperature. Since, DC motor has been divided into two-phase motor and three-phase motor. The heat dissipation performance of two-phase motor is not very good. Generally speaking, the two-phase pump motor can only be used when the working fluid temperature is lower than 60 ℃. Otherwise, once the working fluid temperature is higher than this temperature, the motor will be burnt out.
We recommend that you choose a DC pump driven by a three-phase motor. If the pump is operated at ambient and liquid temperatures above 60 degrees.
4. Do not switch the DC small water pump frequently
When using the DC pump, do not switch the DC pump frequently. This is because backflow occurs when the electric pump stops. If you turn on the electric pump immediately, the motor will start. Cause excessive starting current and winding burnout. Due to the large current during startup, frequent startup will also burn out the winding of the pump motor.
5. Ensure that the pump chamber is filled with water
As we all know, DC electric small water pump is a centrifugal water pump, which can not discharge air automatically. Therefore, when using the DC pump, it should be submerged or installed below the liquid level. By doing so, we can ensure that the pump chamber is filled with liquid. Therefore, it will not cause the pump to run dry and burn out the motor.
6. Do not idle
When using the DC pump, try not to idle. Because there is no medium lubrication at idle speed, the water pump shaft and bearing are easy to wear. What's more, if it works too long under this condition, it will burn out the small water pump.
7. Do not pump liquids containing large-size impurity particles
Since the DC small water pump is usually a clean water pump, small-sized impurity particles in the water are required. When using the pump, try to prevent hard particles from entering the pump. Or do not use it in water with large impurity particles. Otherwise, it is easy to accelerate the wear of the shaft. In serious cases, it will cause the pump to stall and even burn the motor.
Application method of AC small water pump
The correct use method is an important factor for prolonging the service life of small water pumps and reducing economic losses.
1. For small submersible pumps. Before starting, make some necessary checks: whether the rotation of the pump shaft is normal and whether it is stuck; Whether the position of the impeller is normal; Check whether the cable wires and cable plugs are broken, scratched and broken. During operation, pay attention to the change of voltage, which is generally controlled within ± 5% of the rated voltage. In addition, the position of the small water pump in the water is very important. It should be selected in a place with abundant water, no sludge and good water quality as far as possible. It should be suspended vertically in the water, and it is not allowed to be placed horizontally, so as to avoid falling into the mud or being blocked by suspended solids at the inlet of the small water pump, resulting in a sharp decrease in the water output or even unable to pump water.
2. For self priming pumps. It shall be placed in a well ventilated place for operation as far as possible to facilitate rapid heat dissipation and reduce motor temperature. Otherwise, the motor will be easily burnt out after long-time operation. For example, when a farmer used a self-priming pump, the plastic film covered on the motor was not removed, resulting in overheating of the motor and burning of the coil. In addition, before starting, the water storage in the pump body must be checked, otherwise, it will not only affect the self-priming performance, but also easily burn the shaft seal components.
3. Under normal conditions, the small water pump shall discharge water 3 ~ 5 minutes after starting, otherwise it shall be shut down immediately for inspection. Small water pump maintenance. Once the small water pump breaks down, do not disassemble it by yourself. When dismantling by oneself, first, I don't know where the fault is, resulting in blind random dismantling; Second, no special tools often damage the original intact parts. The best way is to go to experienced and large-scale maintenance sites for maintenance, and timely replace "over aged" parts and some vulnerable parts. Under normal circumstances, the small water pump shall be repaired once every six months to avoid working with "disease".
4. Non use storage. During the non service period, the small water pump shall be lifted away from the water source in time and the accumulated water in the pump shall be drained, especially in cold winter. Then place it in a dry place. If possible, users can also grease the key parts of the small water pump and add lubricating oil in the bearing to prevent parts from rusting. In addition, the non service life of small pumps is not the longer the better. If it is not used for a long time, it will not only easily rust the parts, but also reduce the service life of the small water pump.
How to Choose a Small Water Pump?
How to select a small DC water pump?
1. first determine the voltage and current.
The voltage selection is the same as the customer power supply mode. The main types of Brushless DC pumps are 12V, 24V, and of course, 36V, 48V, etc;
2. determine work requirements.
When selecting a small DC water pump, it is necessary to fully consider the medium for extracting the liquid, whether there are impurities, liquid viscosity, whether there is corrosivity, and the temperature of the liquid, including the ambient temperature at work, the temperature of the extracted liquid, etc; It is recommended that the customer also consult the small water pump manufacturer for relevant cases when selecting, and find cases close to their own equipment, and then choose carefully after comparison.
3. determine the service life requirements and other technical requirements for small water pumps.
When considering the service life of the small water pump, it is necessary to determine whether the small water pump needs to work continuously or intermittently, which shall be recommended by the pre-sales engineer of the water pump after calculation.
4. define the maximum head and flow of small water pump.
The maximum head of the pump usually refers to the object that the water no longer flows when pumping to the static head. If you want to pump the water to a certain height and maintain a certain flow, it is recommended to select a pump with the required head higher than the specified pumping height.
5. determine the size and interface of small water pump.
First determine the specific size of the water pump or the reserved space in the equipment, and then consider whether it is a threaded joint or a babaokou. Similarly, determine the direction of the water inlet and outlet, the hole diameter of the pipe, etc;
6. determine the functional requirements of the small pump, such as time control, pressure control, flow control, pwm/fg speed regulation and other customized requirements.
As the core component of the equipment, the DC small water pump is recommended to refer to the above points for long-term reliability. DC small water pump is composed of electronics, motors and structures. It is particularly important to select a professional manufacturer with R & D capability, production capacity, quality control capability and customized service capability.
How to select AC small water pump?
1. Select standardized small water pump.
Standardized small water pump is the latest model of water pump formulated and implemented according to the requirements of ISO. Its main features are small size, light weight, excellent performance, easy operation, long service life and low energy consumption. It represents the latest trend of the current water pump industry.
2. Select the pump that meets the lift requirements.
Pump head selection the so-called head refers to the required head, not the water lifting height, which is particularly important for the selection of pumps. The pump lift is about 1.15 ~ 1.20 times of the lifting height. If the vertical height from a certain water source to the water consuming place is 20m, the required lift is about 23 ~ 24m. When selecting a water pump, it is better to make the lift on the nameplate of the water pump close to the required lift. In this case, the efficiency of the water pump is the highest and the use will be more economical. However, it is not necessarily required to be absolutely equal. As long as the general deviation does not exceed 20%, the water pump can work under the condition of energy saving.
3. Select the pump with appropriate flow.
The flow of the water pump, that is, the water output, generally should not be too large, otherwise, the cost of purchasing the water pump will be increased. Specific problems shall be analyzed. For example, the self-priming pump used for the user's own draught shall be selected with a smaller flow as far as possible; For example, the submersible pump used for irrigation can be appropriately selected with larger flow.
Common fault analysis of small water pump
1. The motor does not rotate when the micro water pump is started.
（1）. Supporting switch DC regulated power supply failure;
（2）. There is no battery or insufficient battery;
（3）. Poor line contact;
（4）. poor contact between motor and carbon brush;
2. After starting, the water pump motor works but does not discharge water.
（1）. There are sundries or particulate impurities in the pump;
（2）. the suction lift is higher than the rated suction lift of the pump;
3. Insufficient flow.
（1）. The actual lift of the water pump exceeds the allowable lift;
（2）. The voltage is too low and the motor speed is slow;
（3）. Too high suction lift;
（4）. air enters the water pipe;
4. The flow decreases gradually.
（1）. The water inlet is blocked by impurities;
（2）. The filter has been used for too long and is blocked by particulate impurities;
5. Abnormal interruption of water outlet during the operation of micro pump.
（1）. The motor is not started, and the circuit fault is eliminated;
（2）. If the pipeline is blocked, remove the blockage;
（3）. Pipeline rupture, repair welding or replacement;
（4）. The water filter is blocked and the blockage is removed;
（5）. The water pipe at the suction port is exposed to the water;
6. Severe vibration or abnormal increase of noise during pump operation.
（1）. The access voltage is higher than the set voltage;
（2）. The mounting angle is not fixed;
（3）. Motor or pump shaft bent
Address: Dapu Industrial Zone, Gangzi Village, Changping Town, Dongguan City