Reasons for the breakdown of car water pumps: Coolant leakage is mostly caused by the aging of the water pump sealing ring. In addition, excessive tightening of the engine combined belt can also lead to premature wear of the water pump; If the antifreeze is not replaced for a long time, internal corrosion will eventually cause damage to the water pump.
The causes of damage to the car water pump are as follows:
1. Unstable idle speed: Failure of a car water pump can increase the rotational resistance of the water pump. As the car water pump is connected to the timing belt, the increased rotational resistance of the water pump can directly affect the rotation of the engine. "At idle speed, it shows a jump in the rotational speed after starting, which is more pronounced in winter and can even cause stalling".
2. Noise from the engine: This sound is a rotational friction sound, similar to the sound of "miso". This sound can be accelerated as the engine rotates and changes in volume. This noise generally becomes more and more obvious as the severity of the fault increases. An experienced car repairer should be able to recognize it. However, in minor cases, due to the complexity of replacing the car water pump, they all said it was okay, resulting in many problems.
3. Cooling system failure: This is a series of phenomena related to car water pumps, not necessarily a complex problem.
1) Hot air is not hot: This fault is the most easily overlooked phenomenon caused by poor cooling water flow. After the engine water temperature rises in winter, the hot wind cannot blow out, and inexperienced people even think the car is no longer working and it's time to change. In fact, replacing a small car water pump can completely solve the problem.
2) Unstable engine water temperature: It indicates that the engine water temperature indicator fluctuates within a certain range. The reason is caused by a malfunction of the car water pump, and due to a lack of circulation, the water temperature in the small cycle becomes inconsistent, which on the one hand leads to an increase in the opening temperature of the thermostat. On the other hand, after the high-temperature water flows out, the low-temperature water quickly flows to the thermostat, causing the thermostat to quickly close. Under normal circumstances, the water temperature of the engine will maintain a relatively constant level, approximately 93 ° C, after warming up.
3) Reduced cooling water, poor circulation, and high engine temperature: By this time, the car water pump has been severely damaged. Even so, for a driver who ran 100000 kilometers, I was still in a fog.
How to judge if the car water pump is broken?
The car water pump is one of the important components of the automobile engine cooling system. The function of the water pump is to pressurize the coolant, ensure its circulation and flow in the cooling system, and accelerate the dissipation of heat. As a long-term operating device, the water pump may also fail during use.
1. If the water temperature is high, after eliminating other causes, it can be determined whether there is a problem with the car water pump.
2. It is to see the flow of liquid in the water tank during refueling. When the refueling door is opened, the water will flow, which indicates that the car water pump is free of problems.
3. Look at the appearance of the car water pump to see if there is any leakage, and listen for any abnormal noise from the water pump.
In addition, first observe whether the water tank is short of water (remember, it must be a cold car to open the water tank cover). If there is a lack of water, the natural temperature is high; If you want to observe, first drive the car and slightly throttle it for a while, then observe the water temperature gauge (usually not more than half of the 70 to 90 degrees Celsius). If the water temperature continues to rise (for example, near the red line), if possible, touch the slightly larger water-saving pipe near the end of the water tank with your hand. If it is relatively cold and does not feel hot, it must be a problem with the cooling system! Also, it is necessary to determine whether the thermostat is in good condition, whether the cooling fan is working, etc., before finally determining whether the car water pump has been damaged.. I hope I can provide you with some help.
function of water pump in engine,what does water pump do in house,what does a water pump do,what is the purpose of water pump in cooling system,what is a water pump in house,autozone water pump price,water pump in engine cooling system
Address: Dapu Industrial Zone, Gangzi Village, Changping Town, Dongguan City