There are two types of pumps used in most coffee machines: positive displacement pumps and dynamic pumps.
Positive displacement pump is pressurized by changing the volume in the cavity, such as plunger pump, rotary plate pump, gear pump. Positive displacement pumps are used in places with high pressure and small flow, such as hydraulic systems.
The power pump is that the impeller rotates to push the liquid to pressurize, such as vane pump, centrifugal pump, etc. Power pumps are used in places with high flow and low pressure, such as fuel supply lines, or where pre-pressurization is required.
At present, most espresso machines use positive displacement pumps, and only in this way can a pressure of 15 bar be generated.
As for the choice of plunger pump or rotary plate pump, the cost should be considered.
Usually, the plunger pump used in household machines uses diode half-wave rectification to repeatedly energize the solenoid valve to generate piston movement, so the pressure pulsation is large.
Commercial coffee machine coffee extraction is a golden time of about 40 seconds, and a constant pressure must be maintained, otherwise good coffee cannot be extracted. Commercial coffee machines use a rotary plate pump to keep the pressure constant at a constant value.
With the improvement of technology, more and more coffee machines are currently equipped with brushless DC water pumps:
1. The design is compact, quiet, and the powerful brushless motor is suitable for long-term continuous work;
2. Efficient ECM brushless motor with a long life of 20,000 hours;
3. Advanced magnetic drive technology, static seal, never leak;
4. Efficient and dynamically balanced impeller, smoother and quieter operation;
5. The high reliability of the water pump comes from its unique design. There is only one moving part: the magnetic drive rotor/impeller rotates in a ceramic bearing, so it can prolong the life of the water pump and greatly exceed the standard of ordinary pumps in the market.
6. High temperature resistance of 100 degrees Celsius, food-grade materials, and heat-resistant materials meet the needs of the food or beverage industry.
Address: Dapu Industrial Zone, Gangzi Village, Changping Town, Dongguan City